Newcastle Airport Fit to Fly FAQ’s
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you require a PCR test, you can make a booking via the link here. You will need to choose the date and time of your test to ensure it meets your travel requirements, before making payment online.
You can email the team at email@example.com.
Emails are monitored daily and will usually be responded to within 24 hours.
If you have attended an appointment with multiple people (e.g. family members) and their results have come back before yours, please don’t chase your result until it has been 48 hours. Results are processed in no specific order, so can come back one by separately.
If you have been a client of NPH previously and we already have an email address saved on your record, we advise you to use the same email address, when booking your appointment. This will ensure you receive your booking confirmation via the same email.
If you are a new client, you can use any email address to receive your booking confirmation.
If there are several members of your group and you require multiple tests, appointments will need to be booked for each of you separately.
Once your appointment has been booked and you have received your confirmation, simply arrive at the NPH testing facility at Newcastle Airport with your booking confirmation and passport, at least 10 but preferably 15 minutes prior to your appointment. This will allow you time to be directed into the car park. You will be directed to enter the clinic 5 minutes before your appointment is due to take place. Following check-in, a trained clinician will carry out your test. The test will be couriered to our laboratory in Newcastle and you will receive your certificate via your email 48 hours after your appointment. The certificate will clearly state your result, and whether you are Fit To Fly or NOT Fit To Fly.
A PCR test is priced at only £99.00 per person. This includes parking at the airport whilst you have the test which will be undertaken by a qualified clinician and analysed by our local quality Newcastle based laboratory. We regret that will not be able to refund a booked appointment if it is within 48 hours of your appointment time.
- If you encounter a problem when processing your payment, please do not attempt to rebook your appointment even if prompted to ‘try again’, as you may be charged again.
- Should this happen, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check your booking and if necessary complete it for you.
- This will avoid you having to be charged a £4 cancellation fee for each appointment booked, to recover our cost of a booking error(s).
- We can only refund a PCR Fit to Fly and Rapid Antigen appointment within 48hrs of your appointment date and time if your flight is cancelled – to obtain a refund you must send proof of cancellation from your airline or tour operator to email@example.com.
- We can only refund a test with more than 48hrs notice prior to the date and time of your booked appointment.
- You can rebook and cancel your appointment online, but if you encounter any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you with your appointment.
- Email support service is available 7 days a week between 08.00-17.00
- You can rebook or cancel your appointment up to 48 hours before your current appointment date and time. If you cancel your appointment, there will be a £4 cancellation fee for each booking. An email link will be sent to you to process your refund.
- You can rebook or cancel your appointment online by following the link in your booking confirmation email.
- Please ensure that you enter your postcode when prompted again when entering your payment card details.
- This will appear at the end of the line once you have entered your card number and CVV security number.
- Appointments must be booked separately.
- All appointment booking details must be for the individual attending the appointment.
- You must make sure that you book and pay for one appointment at a time.
- The same payment details can be used for each individual purchase.
Once you have parked and reported to the main entrance door on the north side of the test facility you will be instructed on each step of the journey through the test centre, reporting first to the reception. When instructed, you will be called forward for your test. They will give you some instructions and talk you through the process. When they do the swab, samples will be taken from your throat then your nose. Please avoid eating for an hour or two prior to testing and bring a bottle of water in case you would like a drink after your swab.
At the moment we are providing Fit To Fly certificates using the Primer Design Genesig Covid-19 Real-Time PCR Assay.
This depends on where you are travelling to. We recommend you speak with your airline, tour operator or review the Government guidance for your destination in the first instance.
Testing capacity is limited; therefore, we recommend you book your test as early as possible to ensure the appointment date and time you require is available.
A test is usually required 48-72 hours before arrival at your destination, however, this can vary. Therefore, we advise you to check with your airline, tour operator or on the Government website for the latest advice for your destination.
This depends on where you are travelling to. We recommend that you speak with your airline, tour operator or refer to the latest Government guidance for your destination to determine the specific requirements.
Yes, you will receive a certificate via email within 48 hours of your test.
Testing will take place at the Premium Meet & Greet building located on-site at Newcastle Airport.
All PCR tests are carried out by a trained NPH clinician and then analysed at MDNA Life Sciences in their Newcastle based laboratory.
If your test result is positive, you must self-isolate in accordance with Government guidelines. Unfortunately, you will not be permitted to travel therefore you should contact your airline or tour operator to discuss your options.
In the rare situation that your test is invalid, the sample will be retested. This may cause delay to your result being sent to you and you may not be able to obtain a result within your timeframe. In most cases, you will receive the result after an invalid test has been retested. The incidence of an invalid test is 1:1000. We have reduced the risk of invalid tests and false negatives considerably by providing a face-to-face testing service which helps to ensure an adequate sample is collected.
In the infrequent event of a second invalid test result, it will not be a possibility to issue a result within the remaining time available before your departure, and you will not be able to fly. We cannot issue a refund.