If you are travelling abroad, some countries now require a negative COVID-19 swab test and ‘Fit To Fly’ certificate to prove that you do not have the virus prior to travelling. We provide ‘General PCR Testing’ (which you can book using the Fit to Fly option) for non-travel reasons.
You can pre-book your ‘Fit To Fly’, ‘Rapid Antigen’ or ‘Test to Release’ below, but first there are a few more things you might like to know:
- The testing centre for PCR Fit to Fly, General PCR, and Test to Release is in the Premium Meet and Greet facility at Newcastle International Airport
- For Rapid Antigen testing, the facility is located in the main Airport terminal building located next to the Large luggage drop off
- You must bring your passport to your appointment
- For PCR Fit to Fly and PCR Test to Release, parking is free. If parking is required for Rapid Antigen testing you must use one of the Airport’s drop off car parks (Express/Short Stay 1) where parking is charged by stay length.
- There will be friendly airport staff on hand to help
- PCR test costs £110 per person and results are provided by email within 48 hours of the test date and time
- Rapid Antigen test costs £60 per person and results will be emailed to you within 1 hour after your appointment time
- Test to Release test costs £110 per person and results are provided by email within 48 hours of the test date and time
- Qualified clinicians carry out the test
- Tests are analysed in our Newcastle based laboratory (PCR only)
- £1.00 donated to St Oswald’s Hospice for every test sold